Monday, September 15, 2008

O.o new work

Ok so I read The American Man at Age Ten by Orlean and I hated it. I could not find a plot . What was the point?
Where is she going with this?
How is this ending a closing?
Does anyone else understand or interested in this short story?
Last week I accidently read "Bumping into Mr. Ravioli" to see what I wrote on that please refer to my previous post.
Benson:
I like that it was really short. My first opinion on her short story was what is wrong with her sister. Is she mentally healthy? Did something happen to her when she was younger?
What was the point of the ending?
Where is the conclusion?

1 comment:

Nels P. Highberg said...

Lisa, you ask some good questions but remember that this is not a short story, and plot is only one possible element of an essay. This is a portrait like the one you'll be writing, and there are a lot of stylisitic options available.

I'm not saying you have to like it, of course. Just don't condemn it for doing something it doesn't have to do (based upon its genre).