Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blog 2

Ok so I started to read the work of Gopnik and was right away pulled into the story. However, as the story progressed I started to lose interest. Gopnik started getting way to scientifical blabbering on about dull facts about imaginary friends.
Two pages later Gopnik is still filling this story with dry facts. Where is the interesting part?
Once again where is the interesting part?
Where is the plot?
Onto Richards... first 2 pages...depressing...why is this happening to the grandmother? I feel bad that she is losing her memory. I can connect to the family members because my grandfather lost his memory and I watched him forget his childrens names, just forget his whole family. I watched my mother weep silently...watching her father in pain. So I feel depressed for this family.
I like that Richards is not to scientifical. She is descriptive at just the right points. I enjoyed reading her short story.

No comments: